As well as imbalance in our energy system. Certain diet and lifestyle factors may contribute to individual symptoms.
Constipation - Likely causes and symptom relief suggestions
As well as an imbalance in our energy system, constipation can be made more apparent by the following diet and lifestyle factors:
A diet high in processed foods
A sedentary lifestyle (not moving enough for example sitting at a desk all day)
Dehydration (we should be drinking between 1.5 and 2 litres of water daily not including tea and coffee)
Lack of fibre in the diet
Certain drugs such as prescription pain killers.
Ignoring the urge to go
Food intolerance (we will be removing common foods that people are intolerant to during the reset plan).
Unbalanced gut bacteria or fermentation in the small intestine.
Magnesium deficiency or low magnesium levels
As well as using meditation and applying mindful eating practices, the following suggestions may help to improve or relieve constipation. Please note this advise is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Always consult your doctor or practitioner before taking any supplements.
Try adding 1 tbsp of cold pressed linseed oil to a smoothie or into porridge at breakfast time. It is naturally lubricating for the digestive tract and also stimulates the release of bile from the gallbladder, bile is a natural laxative. I recommend ordering it from here https://thelinseedfarm.co.uk/
Drink water! Dehydration = Constipation. Drink water throughout the day, most people need at least 1.5 -2 litres daily. Ideally plain or flavoured water. Herbal teas are ok.
Try increasing your intake of healthy omega 3 oils like coconut oil, avocados and oily fish.
Try taking a high quality probiotic like Symprove my recommended brand to increase your beneficial gut bacteria. Gut bacteria play a role in gut motility. https://naturaldispensary.co.uk/…/Symprove_Mango_Passionfru…
Try taking magnesium if you aren't already. Magnesium naturally softens stools by drawing water into the colon and also plays a role in the relaxation of muscles. Most people today are deficient in magnesium due to the reduced content in our soils today. Please contact me or a qualified practicioner for specific magnesium supplement recommendations and dosage.
Eat a diet rich in unrefined whole foods including plenty of green vegetables, gluten free grains such as quinoa and gluten free oats.
Try colon cleaning or colonic irrigation to strengthen and train your bowel muscles and help clear years of hard waste which may have become stuck in your bowel. If you live in Cambridgeshire, UK you can contact me about receiving treatments at my clinic.
Move daily, exercise will help to massage your organs and get things moving.
If you are suffering from constipation you can try some of the tips above.
Be patient things don't change overnight.
If you still need help get in touch!
Loose Bowel Movements - Likely Causes and Symptom Relief Suggestions
As well as imbalance in our energy system, Diarrhoea is usually made more apparent by one or more of the following diet and lifestyle factors:
- Food intolerance (we will be removing some common foods which cause intolerance during the reset plan)
- Unbalanced gut bacteria
- Infections, for example during food poisoning
- Poor diet high in refined foods, vegetable fats and sugar.
- Excessive intake of caffeine
- Smoking or other stimulants
As well as using meditation and applying mindful eating practices, the following suggestions may help to improve or relieve loose bowel movements. Please note this advise is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Always consult your doctor or practitioner before taking any supplements.
1) Avoid or reduce alcohol, caffeine and smoking.
2) Avoid very rich or spicy foods.
3) Drink plenty of water to re-hydrate.
3) Dry soothing relaxing herbal tea such as fennel, chamomile or peppermint. https://naturaldispensary.co.uk/…/Tummy_Tea_20_s-16505-0.ht…
4) Increase your intake of soluble fibre such as gluten free oats.
5) Reduce any excessive fat intake such as fried foods, fatty meats and oils . Intake of fats particularly processed fats, stimulates bile release from the gallbladder which can cause loose movements if released in excess quantities.
6) Try taking a high quality probiotic such as Symprove my recommended brand https://naturaldispensary.co.uk/…/Symprove_Mango_Passionfru… and/or increase fermented foods such as kefir to balence the gut bacteria.
7) Short term (no more than a week at a time) you can use activated charcoal to help absorb water. You can use 1-2 capsules every 3 hours until symptoms ease. This is particular effective treatment for food poisoning and stomach bug's as it will also help to absorb the toxins produced by the bacteria.
1) Try some of the above suggestions
2) Be patient, things take time to change
3) If you still need help get in touch! .
Gas and Bloating - Likely Causes and Symptom Relief Suggestions
As well as imbalances in our energy system, gas and bloating can be caused by many different reasons including:
- Unbalanced gut bacteria including an overgrowth of bacteria or bacteria being in the wrong place (this is often stress or diet related or more rarely due to a dis functioning of a valve in the intestines).
- Food intolerance
- Diet high in refined or processed foods
- Incomplete digestion
- Reduced motility or movement of food through the gut
As well as using meditation and applying mindful eating practices, the following suggestions may help to improve or relieve gas and bloating. Please note this advise is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Always consult your doctor or practitioner before taking any supplements.
1) Paying attention to food combing and meal timings (this will be covered later in the programme).
2) Try to ensure you are fully relaxed before eating and do not rush your meals, chew carefully.
3) Try taking digestive enzymes with meals, they help you to fully digest your food and can be very beneficial if you aren't producing enough enzymes yourself. Please contact me for specific supplement recommendations.
4) Try taking a high quality probiotic such as Symprove my recommended brand to help re balance gut bacteria. https://naturaldispensary.co.uk/…/Symprove_Mango_Passionfru…
5) Reduce highly fermentable foods in your diet, particularly onions, garlic and beans and pulses (see the recommended foods sheet later in the course for more information).
6) Try taking activated charcoal to help absorb gas. This should be used for short term or occasional relief, do not take for longer than 1 week continuously. Please discuss with me any specific dosage recommendations.
7) Avoid fizzy and sugary drinks.
8) Drink calming teas like fennel and peppermint https://naturaldispensary.co.uk/…/Tummy_Tea_20_s-16505-0.ht…
1) Try some of the above tips. Contact me if you would like more information on supplements.
2) Be patient it can take time.
3) If you still need help get in touch.
Reflux and indigestion - Likely Causes and Symptom Relief Suggestions
As well as imbalances in our energy system, acid reflux can be made worse for some of the following reasons such as:
- A mechanical problem such as a hiatus hernia or problems with the oesophageal sphincter ( the little flap at the top of the stomach).
- Lack of or low stomach acid
- Too much stomach acid
- Poor diet and consumption of processed refined foods and sugar
- Some medications
- Being overweight
You can try the following tips to help:
1) Add in foods to diet containing natural enzymes such as papaya, carrot and leafy vegetables.
2) Try using a digestive enzyme supplement - it is more common to have too little than too much stomach acid, often supplementing with stomach acid can help relieve symptoms. You can do the stomach acid home test to check your stomach acid levels. Please contact me to discuss.
3) Avoid acid forming foods like red meat, alcohol, caffeine and sugar.
4) Try taking 1/2 tsp baking soda in a small glass of water for immediate relief.
5) Try to chew your food well and relax before meals.
6) Avoid eating very large meals or eating close to bedtime.
1) Try out some of the tips above (contact me if you would like more info on supplements).
2) Be patient, it takes time!
3) If you still need help get in touch.