Coffee Enemas - why coffee is good for more than just a morning boost!
Updated: Nov 26, 2018
Today's western world is full of toxins. We inhale them in the air we breathe, drink them in our water and eat them in our food. The western diet usually includes many highly processed foods and our digestive systems are often sluggish and elimination is sub-optimal. This can lead to a build up of toxins in our bodies which makes us feel tired and can create signs of illness such as headaches and skin problems.
The liver is a fantastic piece of biology and manages to protect us from most of the harmful effects of the toxins we ingest. However there is only so much it can take and would love for us to give it a break sometimes!
Here are some reasons why coffee enemas are so helpful in promoting detoxification.....
1) Coffee contains powerful antioxidant chemicals which are particularly helpful for the liver, protecting it from oxidative damage. It also enhances important detoxification enzymes in the liver improving the binding of toxins from the blood allowing them to be removed and eliminated effectively.
2) Coffee enemas stimulate the dilation of bile ducts and increase bile flow. The bile contains waste substances ready to be eliminated. This bile is then eliminated through your colon after the coffee enema is released. At Primrose Well-being Clinic we introduce the coffee enema during your colon hydrotherapy treatment allowing the bile and toxins to be flushed out after being released.
3) Sympathetic nervous system relaxation. The stressful world we live in today means we are often caught is a stressful state of 'fight or flight'. Coffee enemas help to relax the sympathetic nervous system and bring us back to a state of calm by stimulating two big para sympathetic (the calming part of our nervous system) organs, the liver and the large intestine.
4) Cleaning the colon wall. Coffee enemas can help to remove debris, dead cells and toxins from the surface of the colon wall, leaving more space for healthy gut bacteria.
These effects mean that coffee enemas can:
- Improve digestion and bowel function
- Improve symptoms of toxicity such fatigue and headaches
- Improve skin problems such as acne and eczema
- Reduce stress
- Promote feelings of happiness and energy