With the colder weather fast approaching I found myself thinking about enjoying a comforting treat with my cup of herbal tea the other day.. Iv'e learnt over the years not to rush out and buy treats from the shop when I feel like this as I know that they only make me feel unwell so instead I look in my cupboards to see if I can make something yummy but still nourishing for body as well.
On this particular day these are what I came up with and I can honestly say they came out even better than I had imagined!
You don't really need a reason to make these amazing brownies they are so nutritious, taste amazing and are incredibly easy to make! Even my kids were impressed and they are very hard to please when it comes to home made deserts!
1 ripe banana
1 ripe avocado
4 tbsp carob powder ( you could also use cacao powder but use less)
4 tbsp pure good quality maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tsp bicarb
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp carob powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mash the banana and avocado
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined
- Press mixture into a cake tin lined with baking parchment, it should be about 3/4 - 1 inch thick
- Bake at 180 for about 20 mins until starting to become slightly crisp on top
For the topping :
- Melt coconut oil on low heat in a saucepan
- Add carob powder and maple syrup
- Spread on top of brownies (once cooled)